recording files

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ruud
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

recording files

Post by Ruud »

Hi

I want to make an video-demo by using also effects from resolume. but when I record a file in resolume the quality of the movie is much too bad.

Is there any other way I can ride?:cool:

thanks

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

go to settings and selcect your output resolution. by default it's 320x240 that's why it looks bad:)

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

woops that was me :P

VjSky

maybe

Post by VjSky »

That might work for lower resolution, less fps short clips, but for long run try capturing s video via a dv cam or another computer.

stello
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by stello »

hello,

when i record something, the file is 2x faster. It looks like the software take every frame rendered and if the render is slow like 12fps for a 25fps footage, the result will be 30 30fps. so i'm obliged to decrease the speed when i play the record...
any solution to that ?

cheers
stello

juba

Post by juba »

i would use a DV cam with video-in for recording, or a dvd recorder (make sure to use "short-play" mode)
you can also use an other pc with a capture card though...
anyway, the good thing is you can recorde the music as well

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

what he said is best

It's because your dropping frames there's no way round it really unless maybe you have a beast of a system - I suppose separate raided raptors and 3ghz+ processor is the best you can do these days maybe someone can report how it goes if they have something like this? (someone does if i remember)

Alternatively sending it over network or analogue capture to another machine might work better and would have the advantage of being ready for instant use.

I still find it useful as it is by manually compensating for speed.

stello
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by stello »

ok, my system is perhaps overflowed by reading, rendering and writing in the same time (2 CPUs at 1800 and 1GHz memory...). i will see if i have slowest playback when i'm reccording. if it's not the case, reccording with a camera or whatever will have the same result that converting my video file in good speed...