version 2.3 - the most buggy version ever?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
orjo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

version 2.3 - the most buggy version ever?

Post by orjo »

i am really having hard problems with resolume 2.3 .. this is the first version I bought .. i just used trial-versions before..

as far as i am concerned, i would recommend NOT to buy this software.. it is based on a nice concept, but it's just NOT reliable.

the bugs i found so far:

* resolume 2.3 is sometimes mixing up the 2 graphic-card outputs.. if you have different resolutions on your output devices, then this just ends up in seeing nothing anymore.

* the audio-analyer module crashes very often.. with my resolume this happens every second time I start it

* flash movies crash very often.. during my last gig some flash-movies, that never crashed before when playing them in resolume at home, just crashed. I couldn't use them anymore for the whole gig, which was very annoying.

as far as the mentioned bugs are not fixed, i don't want to use resolume not for a single gig.. it's far to annoying if there's something crashing again..

i really would like to have my money back.. as long as the bugs are not fixed, this money was just wasted on software, that's not working.

maybe i'll switch to PureData .. really would like to have visual-software that just works..

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

its a shame that you have had a bad experience with resolume.. but its hard to help if you dont list your computer hardware and etc as is required in the "read this before you post" sticky in this section.

btw... are you having these problems in older versions of resolume? like 2.0-2.2???

[Edited on 30-8-2005 by levon]

orjo

Post by orjo »

sorry, that i have forgotten to mention my hardware-environment..
but i don't really think it's the hardware ;)

it's a Acer Notebook with WinXP SP2

Centrino 2 GHz
1 Gigabyte RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 with 128MB RAM
60 GB HD 7200 RPM

(so the hardware should be quite ok ;) )

the problems with crashing flash movies appeared in all versions of resolume i tried.. but with 2.3 it seems to me even worse..

the other problems i mentioned did not occur in earlier versions..

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

really sorry to hear v2.3 is not working for you, please email us on mail@resolume.com and we,ll send you a debug version that logs various events and we,ll try to solve it.

vj_vital_kiev

WinXP SP2 - IS DIVERSION AGAIN USERS !!!

Post by vj_vital_kiev »

WinXP SP2 - IS DIVERSION AGAIN ADVANTAGE USERS ! :D

WITH SP2 I HAVE MANY TROUBLES WHIH MANY VIDEO SOFT PRODUCTS. :(

I RECOMMENDED UNINSTALL SP2 AND USE FOR INTERNET SECURITY 3-RD PARTY FIREWALS AS ZONEALARM - FOR EXAMPLE ! :cool:

IF YOU FAN OF WINUPDATING - YOU CAN USE SMALL WINPATCHES FOR CURE HOLES IN YOUR SYSTEM. ;)

BUT SP2 MAKE YOUR SYSTEM SLOW ! :(

FOR IDEAL WORK WITH RESOLUME YOU MUST HAVE CLEAR NUDE VIRGIN SYSTEM !!! :)

SP2 GIVE MORE TROUBLES THAN ADVANTAGES :mad:

VJ VITAL
==========================================
VJ MACHINE
Asus P4C800Deluxe Cpu PIV-3.2Prescott DDR2Gb+HIS RadeonX800Pro256Mb Vivo IceQ-II+Benq-1640 DVD-RW+Sony DRU-510A DVD-RW+5x250GbWD+SS1rev1.5+Creative 5.1 & PLATINUMextPanelp+UsbMidi keyboard Edirol PCR-30 +3 ANTENNA SATELITE SYSTEM+EDIROL-V4+WIRELESS VIDEOSENDER FOR CAMCODER+15 YEARS OF COMPUTER EXPIERENCE

Danger

Post by Danger »

do you have Flash Player 8 installed ?
do you have any anti-virus or firewall installed ?
did you installed any nasty codecs ?

i'm working with resolume 2.3 since beta version is the best version i had my hands on :)

mfo

Post by mfo »

I can approve the audio-analyses bug he describes, also the flashplayer-crash bug. I've had already described both bugs in this forum, both are older than R2.3.
Especially that the flashplayer on a layer is not working any more after a flash movies crash is there since Resolume2beta1.
I've had email contact with Edwin, who said that it's probably a bug of the flash plugin. But even it is one, maybe the flashplugin can be restarted after a crash?

continuity-B

Post by continuity-B »

i'm working with resolume 2.3 since beta version is the best version i had my hands on :)
ditto

and I accidentally (doh!) SP2'd my machine as well (but I don't use any of the security features).

I can practise at home while online with firewall, realtime virusscan, messenger, email, browser and mp3 player running fine. OK, there's a performance hit, but I get 18-20fps with 3 layers like this and I'm only running a...

Athlon XP 2000+
768MB DDR 333
128MB Radeon 9200
2x Barracuda 72,000rpm (one system, one media)

... which makes me think the common problem is with the machines running resolume, not resolume itself.

Make sure your machine and XP are optimised for resolume (search the site).

If you've done everything, try a clean install with last known good versions of drivers and flash player etc.

Pirate codec packs - NEVER EVER EVER let them near your machine. If you are poor and desparate for MJPEG, use the free QT version, I do and it works a treat.

stephan_grosse8

Post by stephan_grosse8 »

hello ,

we also have major problems using resolume. we tried it on 4 different computer of the latest generation (amd, pc) with raid system. we never got a smoth plyback like in arkaos (which is still running smooth on a 1.2 ghz laptop !).
we tried all different codecs (cinepac, mjpeg, mainconcept, foto jpeg, midvid etc.) in 640x480 and 400x300. bbut its never the same like in arkaos.
i don´t want to belive that we have done the same mistakr on 4 different maschines.
is there anyone who can solf that problem ???

or normal resolume pc is:

amd 4000+
1gb ram
raid with seagate barracuda (10.000 umin)
geforce 6600gt