Buid server with nvidia GeForce 1080ti with blackmagic decklink quad 2

Bro, does your rig even lift?
moha20106
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Buid server with nvidia GeForce 1080ti with blackmagic decklink quad 2

Post by moha20106 »

Arvol wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 22:14 No, the only cards that will be in sync are the quadro cards. the BMD and NVS cards are not hardware sync'd
Hi Arvol,
Do you think that the Quadro Card have synced outputs and don’t face the tearing or frame problems?
I’m going to use it to split the 2 outputs to 2 Led Video Processors to collect one image on big LED screen

massta

Post by massta »

Any single card should have sync outputs. Especially a quadro card. When using more than two quadro cards, people recommend adding a Nvidia quadro sync card.

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

massta wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 Any single card should have sync outputs. Especially a quadro card. When using more than two quadro cards, people recommend adding a Nvidia quadro sync card.
I have 1080 and found sync problem with one image split over 2 outputs
What is the recommend cheap quadro card that has self-sync as you explain?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

massta wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:38 Any single card should have sync outputs. Especially a quadro card. When using more than two quadro cards, people recommend adding a Nvidia quadro sync card.
Nope. This is Only a feature with the Quadro line. One of the many reason's those cards cost twice as much as your typical gamer card.

herberttropiano
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by herberttropiano »

I use an RTX4000 to push videos with BMD Decklink Quad 2 outputs, I still haven't had any problems with synchronization!
Bomba Virtual

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

herberttropiano wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 06:30 I use an RTX4000 to push videos with BMD Decklink Quad 2 outputs, I still haven't had any problems with synchronization!
BMD SDI outputs on a single card are NOT sync'd. The AJA Crovid line is:
https://www.aja.com/products/corvid-88

jolson
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jolson »

herberttropiano wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 06:30 I use an RTX4000 to push videos with BMD Decklink Quad 2 outputs, I still haven't had any problems with synchronization!
Trying to track down my own sync issue - in our case we have a a Decklink Duo driving two outputs, to the left and right half of a single screen. They are sometimes out of sync by a frame. But I'd imagine if they were two different screens (eg not physically next to each other) it would 'look' in sync.

I'm curious what your setup is and how you're determining that you're in sync? The more I read it seems like BMD might not be a good output device when you need to edge blend between two outputs.