Compatibility Question: Dante Virtual Sound Card with Resolume Version 7

Bro, does your rig even lift?
knownsensestudios
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Compatibility Question: Dante Virtual Sound Card with Resolume Version 7

Post by knownsensestudios »

Hello everyone,

I'm currently exploring the integration of audio into my visual setups and have come across the Dante Virtual Sound Card as a potential solution. However, before making any decisions, I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has experience or knowledge regarding its compatibility with Resolume version 7.

To give you a bit more context, my goal is to create a seamless audio-visual experience, and I'm considering Dante for its high-quality audio over IP capabilities. My main concerns are:

Will the Dante Virtual Sound Card integrate smoothly with Resolume 7?
Are there any known issues or limitations when using these two together?
If anyone has used this combination, I would love to hear about your experience, particularly regarding latency, stability, and overall performance.

Any insights, tips, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm keen to learn from those who have already navigated these waters.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Compatibility Question: Dante Virtual Sound Card with Resolume Version 7

Post by Zoltán »

DVS works nicely for me with Resolume. Unless it loses the network connection (clock) , then Resolume can appear frozen.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AcdNrg
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AcdNrg »

Can´t speak for DVS, since I run on Dante hardware. So slightly off topic.
However, I can state that Dante itself has been stable and reliable in my setup, I replaced an analog studio backbone with AoIP.

In case you ever want to get rid of DVS latency, you can opt for either a Dante native card in you computer or pick a run of the mill ADAT or MADI card with a converter. The latter may give you more options driver wise: Yamaha and Focusrite offer ASIO only to my knowledge, whereas for example an RME Digiface (4x ADAT) will give you shared drivers as well, which makes it a bit more flexible to mix DAW audio and system audio. Not sure what the RME digiface offers in that regard, haven´t used one yet.

knownsensestudios
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by knownsensestudios »

just installed the trial version of Dante virtual card. it is showing in the list of outputs, it should work i guess.
Attachments
screen shot
screen shot
Capture.JPG (28.62 KiB) Viewed 24244 times

Anexus
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anexus »

DVS and Resolume works perfectly. The limitations in audio use comes from Resolume, as it lacks of multichannel capabilities, but you still can play stereo tracks.