Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
leaaaa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

Post by leaaaa »

Hey everyone,

I have a Soft Edge interrogation: in short, is this kind of 2x2 projectors setup possible with Resolume?
advanced output with 4 blended slices
advanced output with 4 blended slices
More specifically, I'm wondering about the brightness of the zone I've circled in red, where all 4 projections overlap. I understand that Resolume calculates the soft edge automatically based on the overlap but does it take into account the fact that there are four slices in this spot?
If not, should I mask this zone in two of the slices so that it becomes a blending between only two projectors?

I've worked with edge blending before, but only with 3 projectors set side by side so I only needed to blend each on 1 dimension. I don't have the projectors at the moment so I can't check the result right now but I'd like to know beforehand and all the video resources I've found so far only show 1-dimension blending.

I hope my question is clear enough, thanks in advance!

Léa

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

Post by Zoltán »

leaaaa wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 20:10 Resolume calculates the soft edge automatically based on the overlap but does it take into account the fact that there are four slices in this spot?
Yes, it does.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

leaaaa
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

Post by leaaaa »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 19:47
leaaaa wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 20:10 Resolume calculates the soft edge automatically based on the overlap but does it take into account the fact that there are four slices in this spot?
Yes, it does.
Great, thanks for the reply!