I miss my Luma Wave effects...

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
SuperKlaus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I miss my Luma Wave effects...

Post by SuperKlaus »

Hi to all Resolume community !

I drop a bottle to the sea : I used to work a lot with the Luma Wave effects in the former versions of Resolume Avenue, and when I finally afforded the 7th version of Resolume Avenue, how sad I was when I realized this effect was removed on this version...

I saw on an old post that the code to program Luma Wave in the new version of Resolume was too heavy to get integrated to the new code (I said that basing on what I understood of what once a programer himself responded to another user who had the same reclaim as me), and Resolume's team themselves suggest me to have a try with differents solutions by using Resolume Wire for instead, but I'm not sure I would get back the Luma Wave effects as closer of the original one as I could...

Is there a wonderful person who found a solution, a plug-in or whatever to solve this problem ?

I would thank this person soooooo much :D

tijnisfijn
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: I miss my Luma Wave effects...

Post by tijnisfijn »

Hey man, if you have a movie or some thing that shows how this effect works then I'm sure I can probably rebuild it for you, I remember are used to use it, but I am not sure anymore what it did....

SuperKlaus

Post by SuperKlaus »

Hi dude,
Thank you for your answer ! When you pretend to rebuild it, what do you mean by this ? Creating a VST that could do the same ? A plug-in ?

It would be quite hard to find an image or a video that could sum up correctly the functionment of this effect, but if I give you the most clear description of it, with small exemples, it might help you.

Luma Waves effect is based of the difference of light quantity in a picture, which is picturally translated in animated light waves geometrical lines. Each line belongs to a part of the picture, which is basically reduced in a pixel grid. Each pixels is colored by the part of the picture it is referred.

Then if you play with the contrast and the quantity of brightness of the pictures, the pixels are "turning into" waves strings, which are automatically animated, and the lenght of the line change belonging the difference of brightness and contrast in the picture.

--
I post here several exemples of a previous clip I made with a musician, which used this effect. I made the whole clip only with the effects available on Resolume Arena 4

Luma Waves effect used at :
00'00'' - 01'34'' : https://youtu.be/G-oXkXcwjao?si=nMZX61ZjvhaIBVDS
05'29''- 06'07'' : https://youtu.be/G-oXkXcwjao?si=st_uACUzOi9b5Pmu&t=328 (with many other effects like 'mirror' and 'iterate')

--

I hope you would have element enough to figure it out how it used to work ?

Thanks !

tijnisfijn

Post by tijnisfijn »

Oh yes, I remember that one.... I was wondering where that went ;)
Are you on a Mac or on a PC? I was thinking I could maybe rebuild it using wire, but this one uses 3-D which for now is not possible, but this is something that could be done with Vuo for instance, but that's a Mac only...

SuperKlaus

Post by SuperKlaus »

That's adorable for you !

But I use windows for my licence... Is there's a way to adapt the 'code' or the 'nodes' of Resolume Wires to make the thing works from Mac to PC ? So I could be inspired by what you did to recreate it on my device ?

Thank you for your answer anyway :D

tijnisfijn

Post by tijnisfijn »

I am sorry I don't know how I would port it to PC.... I think you/we should have some patience till they will do 3-D in Wire... or you could check Jiucebar there's a plugin called Satin thats coming very close (expensive though) ;)

SuperKlaus

Post by SuperKlaus »

Thanks for your complete answers :)

Actually I would be very interested to see the result on your own resolume Wire. If you want to post a demo one day, I would appreciate te see the results !