Pioneer bridge sync problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Pioneer bridge sync problem

Post by Zoltán »

I see the bridge app being pretty sluggish on windows 11, are you on 10 or 11?

If you have another machine with osx, or win 10, try running the bridge app on that.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

EBMCreative
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by EBMCreative »

It's a windows 11 machine.

I actually tried again today.

I had success.

So just FYI to help people out.
Machine has 2 ethernet adapters.

The one is main access and internet. The second is setup as a high speed link to transfer content media to the backup system.

Tcnet and prolink same adapter.
So I tried with the main adapter hooked into the entire network
. Failed.

Next was main adapter direct to cdjs with dhcp addressing still there.
50% fail.

Next was reboot no dhcp direct to cdjs fail.

Prolink one network. Tcnet attached to high speed adapter(this is for all the next tests).
100% working.

Polink cdjs and main adapter on vlan. Untagged. 100% working.

Prolink cdjs Untagged and main adapter tagged not working.

Prolink cdjs Untagged main adapter split into main and prolink on virtual adaperter 100%

Same as above with added second virtual for internet access. 100%

So definitely untagged vlans. Make your network switch port the vlan id of your prolink vlan so you can keep untagged traffic.
Then internet and base network tagged different vlan. And finally maybe the real work around is that tcnet was o. a physical adapter not connected to the internet.

I ran out of time to finish setting up the full control today. But I will tomorrow and will post an update if it was a fluke. I also wireaharked each test and saved the traffic. So I will delve into that when I have time and see if I can see where the issue is popping up.

Also the router is a microtik brand.

EBMCreative

Post by EBMCreative »

It was a fluke. I contacted pioneer and they shuffled me of to showkontrol who makes the application.

If and when it gets figured out I will post an update. I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem.

EBMCreative

Post by EBMCreative »

Hello all.

After weeks of going back and forth with tc-supply I have gotten the system to work correctly.

I use anydesk to log into the computer if there is problems or to update clips in resolume for special events or guest djs if I am not going to be in the club that day.

Finally tc-supply said that anydesk causes problems with port 50000 and 50001 which is on the prolink side of the network. So if anydesk is running it will block those ports from other programs from using them.

The other kick in the butt that even by stopping the autostart of anydesk is not good enough as it will still load parts of the program at startup that will block those ports. So we have to let anydesk startup and then quit it and it then releases the ports.

I am working on using Microsoft remote desktop instead but it really does cause problems not being able to use anydesk for the work flow we have become acostomed too.

My next talks is to slap anydesk around and let the use change the ports used. 🤣😂