Persistant clips dissapear on deck change?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Duncaneast
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Persistant clips dissapear on deck change?

Post by Duncaneast »

This has happened to me a few times now.
Column 1 on every deck is left open, with persistent clips in all the column 1 rows assigned from my 1st deck (access always to my default show look).
Will work fine for a while, and dosen't always do this, but a some point my persistent clips will start dissapearing as I switch decks, a potentially show stopping error.
It happens so inconsistently it's very hard to diagnose the cause. This a known problem/happened to anyone else?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Persistant clips dissapear on deck change?

Post by Zoltán »

We haven't heard this happening yet.
Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences if you see it happen again, and the composition to mail@resolume.com?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Duncaneast
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Persistant clips dissapear on deck change?

Post by Duncaneast »

I was able to make it happen again.
So I would click on a deck, realize that i clicked the wrong one, and quickly hit the right one, before the previous deck finished loading. the log file spits out this error:
[2024-03-25T13:34:17.345-04:00]WARNING: Cannot select deck 'P', we're currently still loading.

When this happens, my persistent clips dissapear. When i go back to the first deck, they are there, but then return to the newly selected deck, they are still missing, and will be missing from other decks as well.

Sending this through the feedback tab and sending the comp as requested.