Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hmmm I guess that is acceptable.
VJ Wraith

muttermotion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by muttermotion »

:( when will the 2.4 version is available..? :(
can't wait... hope i can use it in TIESTO Indonesian Tour @ 20, 21, 22 April 2006, please...

alchemist
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Non constatn playback bug?

Post by alchemist »

Originally posted by Anonymous
does this mean the sometimes not consistent frame rate of video playback has been resolved in the process?

Ne1
Bart, Edwin

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

try to resolve this bug

Resolume kicks ass, but that one bug (on certain, mostly AMD configs) makes v2 and later performance really looking like beta (as someone has written), especialy comparing to v1.51.

Personally, that would be much bigger improvement than making use of dualcore, gpu, dmx all together.

I would love to use Resolume in performances (which means actually buying it), but with such a funny playback, it is simply useless for anything more proffesional than TV projections at home (which is what I do with it now)

Apart from that - resolume really seems to be the best vj soft ever.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi,
resolume 1.51 has freeframe support, just check wether there are any freeframe plugins in the plugins directory.
Resolume 1.51 allways plays each frame of the video/flash animation, so when the computer gets slower and it can't keep up the pace all videos will start playing slower as well. Most of the times the clips were played faster or slower. So a clip of 10 seconds could take 12 seconds too play. That's why we rewritten the playback part of resolume so that it is allways in time, the problem is though that it will have to skip a frame once in a while.

But you are all right about the playback not being smooth enough, we promise we'll keep on looking to get this fixed. And yes this is probably more important then anything else.

Thanx for the force feedback,
i should get to work ;-)

Cheers
Edwin

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

yeah, get back to work! ;P
when can we expect 2.4 ?

alchemist
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by alchemist »

Originally posted by edwin
hat's why we rewritten the playback part of resolume so that it is allways in time, the problem is though that it will have to skip a frame once in a while.

But you are all right about the playback not being smooth enough, we promise we'll keep on looking to get this fixed. And yes this is probably more important then anything else.

Thanx for the force feedback,
i should get to work ;-)

Cheers
Edwin
Thanks for response and a great software :)
Playback procedures seem to be the core of the system and it may be hard to play around with that, but the simplest solution would be to enable user to turn strict timing on and off?

I still hope there is a way to have both smooth playback and strict loop timing at the same time, but if thats not possible - why not make them different resolume modes?

GP
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by GP »

Can't wait till its ready :) have some really nice ideas for effects over DMX

(hopefully its ready for 10th next month because I have the 13th may a extremly nice purpose for it :cool: :cool: )

grtz GP

http://gpfransen.googlepages.com/
http://www.gpfransen.net

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what is the estimated time until this version wil be released? 1 month from now, 2,3 ?

Because I can't wait until it will be released the new function are looking very promising. Keep-up the good work!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

we have just released a new beta version for our beta testers so we have to wait and see what feedback they give us, we can,t set a release date yet.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If BPM is a new function (with a TAP, i suppose), a built-in sequencer would be great.

Another great improvement: dual core support (maybe "real" realtime become a "reality").