curve control and floatingpoint controls?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Anonymous

curve control and floatingpoint controls?

Post by Anonymous »

Hi,
I'm still just a rookie resolume user, but i found it difficult to achieve some subtle effects.

As far as i know the only way to change the speed of parameter animation is to reduce fps and therefore reduce fluency.

In some cases like rotation i found it hard to achieve simple slow, fluent effect. This could be greatly improved by
1. adding noninteger parameter interpolation
2. adding some kind of parameter curve controler.

Sth like the way it is done in Video Jockey R3.

Well I hope i wrote it clearly enough

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

You can reduce the number of 'steps' per frame when animating parameters in a slider next to the fps slider in case that helps, I don't think it's at 1 by default but I'm not sure.

Anonymous

but it only multiplies...

Post by Anonymous »

Originally posted by continuity-B
You can reduce the number of 'steps' per frame when animating parameters in a slider next to the fps slider in case that helps, I don't think it's at 1 by default but I'm not sure.
It doen't seem to work this way - it only multiplies the frame rate. Can't use it for interpolation.
Maybe at least lets introduce noninteger 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 values.

Curve editor or timeline as someone else got it would do it

Anonymous

maybe the case scenario will help me to explain

Post by Anonymous »

Lets say i want to rotate something very slowly, say 4 degrees per second. I take rotate effect and it runs at 25 fps with 100 values of rotation (3.6 degrees step). The only way I can slow it down, is by bringing down fps. This way it just makes it more choppy, not slower.

How can i make it slower?

Thats why i asked for some kind of value interpolation (especially visible in case of variables as x/y position and rotation) or noninteger framecounter / clock.

I hope someone is able to understand me.

Sorry for confussion

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

i think the problem is the plugin you are using, im taking a guess and saying your using the panspinzoom plugin right? ive found that the rotation part is a bit sensitive as well, so ive been planing on making a new free frame plug in that has less range, so you have more precision over the location rotation and scale.... how long that takes... im not sure.