Wire and multiple MIDI controllers

Post your awesome Wire patches here, share tutorials
ethanalesch
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Wire and multiple MIDI controllers

Post by ethanalesch »

Greetings! Anyone have experience writing making Wire patches connect only to a specific MIDI controller? I've been creating some patches with MIDI and OSC to make some new controls, for example, crossfader control set to BPM, and making the AB button work with both colors on my APC40-MK2. However, other than choosing the channel, is there a way to have Wire communicate with a specific controller (as you can choose when programming MIDI shortcuts in Arena/Avenue)? I have an LPD8 connected, and I'm also using Elephant for my Surface Dial, and I use a Streamdeck on loopMIDI. All on different channels. Yet I have to burp the system every time I start up, cycling all of the MIDI inputs on and off until the Wire patches work right...

magneson
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Wire and multiple MIDI controllers

Post by magneson »

I'm guessing this is on Windows? It can be a bit of a pain in the butt to use MIDI on Windows, especially for more advanced use, as it is configured to have one app per device instead of the server model used on MacOS. This means that if one MIDI capable application gets focus first, it might not auto connect, or be busy until you move focus by switching off anf on in the app that you want to use.

I've used showcockpit for stuff like this before, but since you're on loopMIDI already maybe this article will help: https://tristancalderbank.com/2020/08/1 ... same-time/. It probably is a lot cheaper as well.

ethanalesch
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Wire and multiple MIDI controllers

Post by ethanalesch »

Thanks for the reply! Yes, Windows...