Output flickering

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
fiverecords
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Output flickering

Post by fiverecords »

Hello, I have also suffered these same problems on an Asus Proart i9-13980HX with nvidia 4070. Luckily for me, it seems that the maximum performance at power management option in the nvidia settings is working at the moment. But it seems that it is not a problem of a few users.

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

Thanks for all the information everyone. We would very much like to solve this. We are unable to reproduce this or find something that could cause this issue though :(. For now collecting more information is all we can do unfortunately.

To that end:

Does anyone experience this issue with an amd card or on macos?

A lot of workarounds have been mentioned to solve it (but none really really solve it). Could some of you who experience this issue perhaps find things you can do to get the issue to be worse? Some users already mentioned having the dmx monitor open or not having arena in focus (which may be the same thing?). Do others experience the same behaviour?
Personally i got a feeling that it could be related to the power distribution within these high-end cards. Would it be possible to run a benchmark tool on these machines and see if their output experiences the same issue? Or perhaps run the benchmark simultaneously with arena to see if the issue becomes worse when load is high.

3s-technics

Post by 3s-technics »

Hello,

I had the same problem on 2 different machines.
After reinstalling the nvidia drivers and the first time starting of Resolume, the program asks through a pop up to optimize the settings when you accept this, the problem of flickering is present.
Then when you reinstall the drivers and again start Resolume and click ignore in the pop up window the flickering seems gone.

Maybe this is something to investigate further?

moha20106
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by moha20106 »

+1
Same problem with the same flickering too
I hope the developers look around to fix it
Maybe the communication between the Arena and the Nvidia driver need some updates

Note: i found the Flickering happened too much when using Brighter content comparison to the darker content

morlowski78

Post by morlowski78 »

I have the same problem. I just noticed that the image jumping is visible in the preview in the start bar.
I conclude that this jumping creates the resolume itself.
phpBB [video]
Attachments
IMG_20240306_115547211.jpg
Last edited by morlowski78 on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

Salvo1987

Post by Salvo1987 »

I apologize for the translation, I solved it by lowering the frequency of the composition.

Apbigwave7

Post by Apbigwave7 »

Any new info on this?
Menno wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 15:39 Thanks for all the information everyone. We would very much like to solve this. We are unable to reproduce this or find something that could cause this issue though :(. For now collecting more information is all we can do unfortunately.

To that end:

Does anyone experience this issue with an amd card or on macos?

A lot of workarounds have been mentioned to solve it (but none really really solve it). Could some of you who experience this issue perhaps find things you can do to get the issue to be worse? Some users already mentioned having the dmx monitor open or not having arena in focus (which may be the same thing?). Do others experience the same behaviour?
Personally i got a feeling that it could be related to the power distribution within these high-end cards. Would it be possible to run a benchmark tool on these machines and see if their output experiences the same issue? Or perhaps run the benchmark simultaneously with arena to see if the issue becomes worse when load is high.