Recommendations for video clip generation

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
AxonGenesis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Recommendations for video clip generation

Post by AxonGenesis »

I am working on creating a package of video clips to use with Resolume but am not certain the best way to organize clips since I don't have much experience using the software.

My main question is: if I have an animated sequence with an intro, middle loop section, and outro, should I split each of these into separate files? Or is it better to have 1 clip with the full sequence?

It seems to me that separate clips would be easier to work with (though is more work for me). What would be best for Resolume users?

When I look through the library all the content I see appears to be loops (without intros or outros), but for what I'm creating I'd like to provide an option other than just fading in/out.

Thanks for any tips!

AxonGenesis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Recommendations for video clip generation

Post by AxonGenesis »

Since there haven't been any responses to this post, I thought I'd share what I've discovered so far on my own in case it helps others out.

First, there's this reddit thread about creating VJ content that I found helpful:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vjing/comments ... ould_know/

I've decided to focus on creating perfect loops only and omit the intro/outro animations. The number of files and encodings multiplies very quickly, so reducing the quantity greatly helps to keep things manageable. I'd prefer to focus on creating more unique content in a succinct form rather than having a ton of versions of the same thing.

As for encodings, I've settled on DVX 3, HAP, and PNG sequences (the latter only for those who want the full source to do their own encodings). I considered H.264 and H.265, but HAP overall seems the better choice especially since I want to provide up to 8K.