Good Workflow and Tips for 12K, 16K, & Beyond Visual Content for Projection Mapping

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Lumenarius
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Good Workflow and Tips for 12K, 16K, & Beyond Visual Content for Projection Mapping

Post by Lumenarius »

For an upcoming project we are doing a very long landscape projection piece where people will be quite close.

It will make us of x7 1920 x 1080 projectors with 20% overlap.

This gives an effective resolution of about 13,000 x 1080 for the entire canvas.

All I can figure out how to so is up to 8K (7,680 x 1080).

After searching online it appears as though Resolume can indeed handle a maximum texture of 16,384.

But, what codec do I need? It looks like HVEC . mp4 can only do up to 7,680? Is that right?

Also, can DXV 3 handle sizes that large?

What about even bigger?

Until we get AI upscale on a chip for projectors I can only imagine ironing out this workflow in terms of codec and performance will be of use to many multi-projector projects.

Thank you for any tips, tricks, or insights!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Good Workflow and Tips for 12K, 16K, & Beyond Visual Content for Projection Mapping

Post by Zoltán »

DXV can do big sizes.

Arena doesn't have a texture size limit, check what texture sizes your GPU supports, that will be the limit.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu