Make an audiovisual synth in Resolume

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Make an audiovisual synth in Resolume

Post by mowgli »

My latest tutorial.
How to make an audiovisual synthesiser entirely in Resolume.
Subscribe to my You tube channel for ongoing tutorials tips and tricks uncovering the less know features in Resolume.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by mowgli on Wed Nov 22, 2023 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

P-lab
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Make an audiovisual synth in Resolume

Post by P-lab »

thanks a lot for this tip, Mowgli !
Using a vst tone generator as un instrument, inside Resolume, is a (strange :-)) great idea.

I'm actually working on a project called "Chromatrop' Project", giving a new digital life to a collection of old chromatropes.
chr - table - recto - full - txt 1900.JPG
Resolume is THE tool, allowing transparency, movements and audio/video sync.
About Audio/video sync, I 'm testing all different possibilities, Midi CC from external sequencer, external and internal FFT input,... but I didn't experiment a lot around Resolume enveloppes.

With the help of your video, I made a quick test on this "enveloppe side"...
Here is this new video clip :

Chroma #A01 [ P-Lab / Chromatrop' Project / 11-2023 ]
phpBB [video]

In this clip, Resolume is used standalone, generating video AND audio, with direct audio+video export of the videoclip.
Audio is generated via MOscillator, a tone generator Vst effect.
Audio / video sync is made using enveloppes.
For each of the 2 turning chromatrop disk, a same (duplicated) enveloppe is controling the tone generator pitch AND the rotation Z of the image.
In the middle of the clip, a same enveloppe is controling the clip scale ( zoom in and out) and the amount of distorsion of the Resolume audio vst Distorsion plugin.
For recording, I just played 5 differents columns of 2 layers, one for each disk.
Thanks Resolume for the new Record function, very very usefull.

This is just a test clip, perhaps will it help, give ideas to other Resolume users.

I can't resist posting here CHROMA #01, first video of my "Chromatrop' Project" :
Chroma #01
phpBB [video]

Video edited with FL Studio and Resolume on a same laptop (with external screen :-)), linked with loopMidi and an audio loop back (Scarlet audio card)
In FL Studio, added to the musical compo tracks, a Midi out track trigger Resolume clips, and play a few midi cc.
In Resolume, many scale/zoom effects are controlled via FFT INPUT, audio coming from FL Studio / audio loop back /...

Final video (only) is recorded with the new Resolume record feature, in ProRes format, and resynced with final FL Studio audio in a second time.
Resolume become a great tool, not only for live situation, for video editing too...

A suivre...

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Make an audiovisual synth in Resolume

Post by mowgli »

Great stuff!
This is exactly why I make my tutorials, to see what they spark in other people's creativity.