creative question: projector / LEDs

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
AcdNrg
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

creative question: projector / LEDs

Post by AcdNrg »

If a setup has a projector (to a wall) and a small LED ceiling (16x150), would you prefer:

a) a single composition feeding both, so the LEDs are somewhat related to the screen content
b) two compositions, one for the screen and one for the ceiling

Bonus questions: How does that impact workflow and complexity of the setup?

I just did a function test on a) and while things look great for the right material, quite often the LED is just flickering gibberish. Simple geometric patterns work better on the ceiling, ie creating movement illusions, but get boring on the screen.

Ideally you could switch between a) and b), but I have no idea how to do that at the moment.

tijnisfijn

Re: creative question: projector / LEDs

Post by tijnisfijn »

I would definitely do this in one composition. it maybe makes it a little bit more complex. Specially, if you are not so familiar with Arena yet, but it gives you way more flexibility and you can still make it as easy or as complex as you like. I just made you a little movie. Maybe it's a bit long but I hope it's helpful. Let me know if you have any more questions.

phpBB [video]

AcdNrg

Post by AcdNrg »

Many thanks for that super useful show and tell, now I feel more of a newb than ever :D.

But seriously, it´s a very good overview of the slicing mechanism which I didn´t really touch so far. My baby steps just included overlays for projector and LEDs on a single output, with the setups you presented things are much clearer now.

Have a great day!

ervinhaley
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ervinhaley »

My first steps were projector and LED overlays on a single output, but your arrangements make things clearer.dinosaur game

tijnisfijn

Post by tijnisfijn »

Glad it help you out....