Audio Input with Emu 1820 sound card

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Anonymous

Audio Input with Emu 1820 sound card

Post by Anonymous »

Im using the demo of 2.3 to decide what VJ software to buy but when I input audio with my Emu 1820 nothing is recognised within Resolume but the soundcard works perfectly with music software like Ableton. I have followed the instructions in the 2.3 manual but still no sound reaches the FFT analyser. Everything else in Resolume works perfectly on my machine so I dont think its a hardware problem. Does anyone use Emu cards with Resolume or does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Have you tried to route/send the physical input to the WAVE 1/2 host?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The problem is the same whether I input from a physical source or play music back with media player. Sound from within the computer is routed through the wave channel while physical inputs use the other channel strips, all of them can be sent to different ASIO channels. I cant seem to send ASIO channels to resolume from either the wave or physical inputs. Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

benaline
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by benaline »

Unfortunately resolume does not utilise asio. You have to use wdm. What is you're input source? (mic, line, wave etc?). You will have to make sure the source is enabled for recording in the standard windows recording properties, and that windows isn't by default using any onboard sound card, for the sound to get to resolume..

hope that helps..

:mad:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for the reply. I have tried using media player as the input source which plays on the WAVE L/R channel but I have also tried line inputs from an external CD player which can be sent to the WAVE channel. I have opened window's audio properties and found that sound recording is set to E-DSP WAVE not the defualt windows device. I clicked on the volume button and sliders for balance and volume and a button for mute appeared but they were greyed-out so I couldn't change anything. The advanced button next to volume was also greyed-out and would not open a new panel. If anyone has any more suggestions they would be much appreciated.