SVG/AI to Advanced output Slice or Mask

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
_Ineffable_
Is taking Resolume on a second date

SVG/AI to Advanced output Slice or Mask

Post by _Ineffable_ »

Since the previous post originates from 2012 and is over 10 years old already I'll make a new post for it.

It would be a MASSIVE time saver if we could import .svg or .ai files as masks or slices in the advanced output window in Resoume.
It feels like such a waste of time to redraw complex shapes from scratch again with less optimal tools after it has already been made in Illustrator before. :geek:
I figured since the Advanced Output Window can export to SVG already, importing one cant be that hard now can it?
That would make the mapping process 100 times faster!
(I am aware that you can use PNG masks on layers, but you cant set that in advanced and using transforms on these is a real pain.)

So Resolume guys, If you are reading this.. please make this happen! It would greatly speed up the workflow! :D
Yeah don't worry! I put it on autopilot!

elby
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: SVG/AI to Advanced output Slice or Mask

Post by elby »

+1 on this!

I just made a 60+ vector file to do my mapping video creation in AE and it would be nice to be able to just import it in Resolume advanced output instead of re-doing it all!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Usually it's the otherway around. You build your stage in Arena and then export out a svg you bring into your editing software. Have you tried that workflow?

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Arvol wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 22:12 Usually it's the otherway around. You build your stage in Arena and then export out a svg you bring into your editing software. Have you tried that workflow?
Nice for touring VJ’s loading in maps for events though. Not everybody is kind enough to send an advanced output xml.