Feature Request - One Below Layer Mask Mode as a Blend Mode or Effect

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
MethodVisual
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Feature Request - One Below Layer Mask Mode as a Blend Mode or Effect

Post by MethodVisual »

I've found that remembering to change layer mask modes (mainly switching between Disabled and One Below) during a busy performance can be challenging and prone to mistakes.

I think it would be useful if a One Below mask mode could be added to the blend mode list so it can be applied on a per-clip basis, or made available as an effect. This would allow One Below masking to be pre-programmed for specific clips within a simple layer stack, instead of needing to change the layer mask mode during a show (and remembering to change it back again).

I'm familiar with the 50 Mask blend mode, and I know that its masking can be restricted to specific layers by placing them together in a group, but I've found that this also lacks flexibility in some situations, and requires an extra layer above the grouped layers to achieve the 'All Below' effect.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else would find a One Below mask blend mode or a Mask One Below effect useful, and if it would be possible from a development point of view.

Cheers.