Hi all. I need help choosing a graphics card

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
dbaratec@hotmail.com_

Post by dbaratec@hotmail.com_ »

Hi vj's, i'm looking for a good g. card.
I don't know wich card to choose according a good quality/price.
I know something about Matrox and Radeon cards, but i don't know wich improves the best performace. I'd like to know too if it's necessary that theese cards must have the acceleration capability,or if it's not necessary with video threatment.

Excuse my poor english, and have a new year eve for all.

Best regards, Dave ;)

norm_

Post by norm_ »

I think a Matrox card would never be the wrong choice. Matrox got the most experience with graphic cards for video users. And the DVD-Max feature of resolume can only be used on Matrox cards.
norm

ether_warpTV_

Post by ether_warpTV_ »

i use a matrox g550 - good card, great features, excellent for resolume.

unj_

Post by unj_ »

are you looking for a capture card or just a play back card?

if the later i'd go for a g4 with tv out and very cheep second graphics card for the interface monitor or just a g4 with a scan converter

Dave_

Post by Dave_ »

....what about Ati Radeon 9700PRO¿?

kojak_

Post by kojak_ »

does the 9700 have twinview?

Dagge_

Post by Dagge_ »

I have a Dell laptop with ATI Radeon 9000, it have a similar function to DVDMax kalled "Theatre Mode", wich works with the overlay settining in Resolume. I also have desktops with Matrox G400 and the function is similar.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

ahhhh.....nice...
i have a laptop with a ati radeon mobility (no 9000, just standard) and the 'Theatre mode' works as well...perfect..it's a hassle to get the correct settings but anyway it works...
thank you for that tip Dagge...
so not only the matrox users but also the ati radeon can uses the dvd max or in this case the theatre mode...

Toh_

Post by Toh_ »

What are the settings most usefull for a radeon user?

cman_

Post by cman_ »

I had geforce 460MX for six month, was problematic, I changed and for matrox g550... now Im quite happy.