found a bug

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
hendrik_

Post by hendrik_ »

Think I found a bug.

Whenever I connect my DV device during a session I drag the Windows DV device to a "button", click a&nd it plays back perfectly and I can apply effects. However cameras do have the annoying tendency to fall out after 5 minutes. So in the middle of a show you get all excited, BANG the camera disconnects and the porgram stops responding. CTRL-ALT-DEL to shut it down.

I am using Windows XP Pro on a notebook

cheers

hendrik

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I found out about this bug, i had the same thing as you. I wouldn't know how to prevent this from happening. I would say that you just set the dv cam to recording so that it won't go into standy.
Cheers

chris_

Post by chris_ »

most dv cams don´t go to standby if the tape is removed. with panasonic, jvc and sony it works.

hendrik_

Post by hendrik_ »

mine does even when the tape is removed. The only solution indeed is inserting a blank tape and record the camera motion.

The text/dissapearing bug still happens occasionaly but can be easily resolved with a restart of the PC.

Fantastic program btw ;)

Hendrik

stevefromNewcastle_

Post by stevefromNewcastle_ »

If you go to a camcorder website and ask about your camera, there is normal a code or item in the menu to stop the camera switching off automaticaly, this will work whether there is atap in or not